Thursday, January 04, 2007

SuperLiquor Wins Bid to Stay Open Later

Tonight I stopped by Super Liquor this evening shortly before 10 p.m. because it was still open. The owner told me that he won his petition to remain open until 10 p.m. because the ANC protest "didn't go through," which I interpret to mean that the protest failed due to a technical legal/procedural defect. No one showed up, he said.

So all of the hand-wringing over this was for naught. I will need to find out what technicality posed a problem so that, in the future, the merits of protests will be considered.

Ironically, I also discovered tonight that all of the other liquor stores in the area had closed at 9. Super Liquor's owner states that because the other owners live in Virginia, they close at 9 on the weekdays, 10 p.m. on the weekends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home